The Peas Ask Us #WHERESTHELOVE

By Patrick Battle

Scene Editor

The Black Eyed Peas seek to bring peace to the world with their new song “WHERESTHELOVE,” which was released on the night of August 31st. The song was a reedition of their powerful “Where Is The Love” track that was originally released back in 2003. It features “The World,” which is a combination of well-known voices who are popular in the music industry. The feature includes vocals from Jamie Foxx, Ty Dolla $ign, Mary J. Blige, Diddy, Cassie, Andra Day, The Game, Tori Kelly, V. Boseman, Jessie J, French Montana, Justin Timberlake, DJ Khaled, Usher, Nicole Scherzinger, A$AP Rocky, Jaden Smith and a 40-member children’s choir. According to People Magazine, The Black Eyed Peas made a statement saying “… if you only have love for your own race/ Then you only leave space to discriminate/ And to discriminate only generates hate” – and encourage us to keep asking: ‘#WHERESTHELOVE’?”

A visual for the song was released on the same night which includes appearances from many important figures. These include family members of fallen victims due to police brutality—like Alton Sterling’s aunt Sandra and Pilando Castile’s mother Valerie.  The Blacked Eyed Peas did an excellent job of uniting everyone, as they also included an appearance of police officials in the video (Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown, Officer Miguel Salcedo, and more). In addition to the large group of famous individuals in the song, there are also appearances by other celebrities as well. These celebrities include Lance Bass, Vanessa Hudgens, Rosario Dawson, Kendall Jenner, Shailene Woodley, Taye Diggs, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Quincy Jones, Snoop Dogg, Olivia Munn, and LL Cool J.

The Black Eyed Peas have composed a revolutionary composition for this new generation of music. Let’s see if they can get the rest of the world on-stage to perform this track.