‘Tis the Season! Starbucks’ Fall Menu items are back and Aggies are loving it

Shelby Ivey Christie- Scene Editor

Two words: Pumpkin Spice.

Each year the Starbucks gods bless us with a menu of drinks and pastries sprinkled with just the right amount of cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar to get us in the warm & cozy spirit of autumn. Starbucks’ fall flavors are back just in time for those crisp, morning walks to class.

Here’s what’s new on the menu this season: Salted Caramel flavored coffee and cocoa drinks are back.

The salted caramel mocha is one of Starbucks’ yummy featured fall offerings. It consists of espresso and steamed milk, blended with mocha sauce and toffee nut flavored syrup.

The drink is then topped with sweetened whipped cream, caramel drizzle and a mixture of sugar and sea salt. According to starbucks.com, there have been over 29,000 tweets that have featured the hash tag #pumpkinspice since August 2012.

The cult classic Pumpkin Spice Latte is also back for your taste buds to savor. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove? Absolutely! Creamy milk for a delicious taste? Duh! Real pumpkin pie spices on top of whipped cream? Yes!

This seasonal favorite is worth the wait in line, folks. It gives you that warm, homey, Thanksgiving feeling during your walk to class

The Cinnamon Dulce Latte is on the fall 2014 menu. It is described by Starbucks as mirroring “a homemade dessert freshly baked by mom.” Sounds like perfection to me!

You’ll be glad to know that there are some new fall-flavored pastries in the glass case at Starbucks.

My absolute favorite is the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin. It tastes like a slice of cheesecake and a piece of pumpkin pie had a delicious child. The muffin is fluffy and has a cream cheese filled center. Yum!

Carrot cake, a fall pastry staple, is also found on Starbucks’ seasonal menu. Salted caramel squares, apple pound cake, pumpkin sugar cookies, pecan pie and pumpkin scones can be found at your local Starbucks this season.

I know this is an overload of deliciousness, but pace yourself. Is that even possible when it comes to pumpkin spiced anything?

Head over to Starbucks on the lower level of Williams Dining Hall to give these seasonal treats a try. The treats may taste even better there because we can use our flex dollars!

-Email us at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @TheATRegister