V-Day: A&T students express love or hate

A&T students share their views about what they love and hate about Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day is overrated. It’s not as big a deal as it used to be. The whole concept is kind of dead. It just doesn’t feel much like Vday this year, maybe because of the weather.”-Jon Dowd-Smith, junior Business Management

“I love Valentine’s Day!! Nothing against it; however, one shouldn’t have to wait until the 14th of February to express his/her love for anyone.”-Chrystal Herron, junior JOMC

“It’s a marketing ploy. A lot of people don’t even know the meaning. What’s so significant about Feb. 14? Why is it an unwritten rule to express love on this particular day?”-Dominic Jones, senior Computer Sided Design

“It’s a made-up holiday for the flower and the candy industry. But I still celebrate it. Either way, I still celebrate without a valentine.-Makeda  Kirby, junior Chemistry & Psychology

“I honestly am not for V-day. I don’t agree with dedicating just one day to show how much someone means to you. That should be done every day you have a chance to spend with that person.”-Quanna Inman, senior Technology education 

“I love V-day because I think sometimes we forget to show the ones we love appreciation. Everyone thinks it’s about boyfriends/girlfriends but my parents always get me something.”-Sylvia Obell, Register Reporter

“I don’t mind Valentine’s day. If I have one that’s cool. But if I don’t I’m not pressed or upset by it. My grandmother always sends me something, so she’s always my valentine.”-Jasmine Johnson, News Editor

• Jasmine Johnson