Ask a black guy

What song will be the anthem for GHOE 2012?

Guy #1 I think that “Clique” song with Big Sean, Kanye, and everybody will be the theme song for this year’s homecoming.  The chorus goes hard, but that beat gets people hype each and every time they hear it.  The chorus is so catchy.

Guy #2  Since it’s going to be so many ladies out here, I would have to say it will be “Adorn” by Miguel.  When ladies hear those passionate love songs all of the GHOE emotions get involved soon after.  Thats the way it’s been since I went here.

Guy #3  “Bands will make her dance” by Juicy J will definitely be a club banger.  I just hope they don’t overplay it.  The funny thing is that most people don’t understand exactly what the chorus of the song means.  A lot of the girls I hear listening to it don’t exactly grasp the concept of cheeks clapping without using hands. 

How fresh are you going to be this homecoming?

Guy #1  I’m about to be too fresh.  Homecoming is a time when you want to look your best.  You get to see a lot of people that you haven’t seen in a while and you also get the opportunity to meet some new faces.  The first impression is the only impression.

Guy #2  I don’t know how fresh I’ll be, but I do know that I will try to keep everything sharp as possible.  Fresh is a term for you young folks.  I’m just celebrating and looking to have a good time, I could care less about what your shirt looks like.  It’s all about what you bring to the table.

Guy #3  I’m going to be fresh.  I’m trying to rock a different outfit to every event.  I already got my shopping out the way so it all comes down to the way I sport my gear.  You can never go wrong with Polo, Levis, and a colorful snapback.

Does alcohol have to be a part of the GHOE experience?

Guy #1 For students it definitely does.  I mean that’s the main part students want to engage in.  People are going to drink from sun up until sun down.  But to keep it real pretty much everybody’s goal is to be wasted by the end of a long night of partying. 

Guy #2   No, it certainly does not. GHOE is about finding your own way to enjoy yourself and have some fun.  But since I’m grown and it’s a special time, I might hang out with my folks and have a couple brews.  It’s all about having control while having your share of fun.   

Guy #3  No, for a lot of people alcohol has nothing to do with their homecoming experience.  There are other ways of getting into your comfort zone than drinking.  A lot of people just want to go out and seize the opportunity to meet new people.