Throwin’ in the towel

The A&T Register’s senior reporter, Charles “Chuck” Johnson wrote his farewell to the newspaper and the university as he will be graduating on May 12

Let’s be real, you’d probably rather be reading ‘Ask a Black Guy’ or ’20 Questions’ right now (if you didn’t already) so I won’t bother pouring my heart out in this farewell.

Instead I’ll keep it quick and just say thanks to the amazing people I’ve worked with over my two and half years with the A&T Register.

It’s been fun writing and keeping the campus updated on what’s happening with you all. Ken, Ashley (what I called you before you became “Vaughn”), Trumaine (T.Mac), Kelcie (Boss Lady), and Sylvia (Obeezy) – I don’t think I could find a more insane, hilarious, yet cool group of friends anywhere else and I doubt I’ll ever forget our unproductive and way-too-long Tuesday nights in hell…I mean the newsroom.

Karmen and Erik. It’s been real and I wish you all the best of luck next year with this paper.

Special shout outs to our advisor Emily Harris, business manager/dancer/comedian Courtney (C.Jack) Jackson, and to my partner in copyediting, Justine Riddick (what will you do without me?).

To the original “Boss Lady”, editor-in-chief Jasmine Johnson (10-11), thanks for always making me work extra hard and crafting my work ethic as a journalist.

And finally, to everyone who actually made it to the end of this rant of mine, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to read what I had to say.

In the words of my benevolent boss, Kelcie , “I appreciate you.”

Catch me hittin’ my dougie across the stage come May 12. Until then, I’m done.

[email protected]

And follow us on Twitter

@ATRegister

• Chuck Johnson, Senior Reporter