Erica vs. Oliva Where do either go?

It’s the battle of singles when it comes to songstress Olivia Longcott and vixen Erica Mena over their both of their versions for the song “Where do I go from here”

Late last month, Erica dropped her single “Where do I go from here,” produced by her former rendezvous Rich Dollaz.

However, once the relationship ran sour, his feelings about her and the song went sour as well.

Erica was recently blindsided when Rich decided to give the single to his artist Olivia.

Those who watched the most recent season of “Love & Hip Hop New York” know that tensions between Rich, Olivia, and Erica ran high.

Olivia felt Rich was abandoning his work to be with Erica and that she was using him. Olivia and Erica exchanged many words over the issue.

To fuel the fire, Olivia’s version of the song hit iTunes top 10 list the week it was released.

Erica has to be furious by now.

But who sings it best? Olivia, for the most obvious reason: Erica Mena was not built to sing.

At first listen, one would presume Olivia’s version is the original due to the overkill of auto-tune on Erica’s version.

For a full five minutes and one second Erica whines over the Rich Dollaz beat with periods of monotonous screeches meant to sound like her hitting high notes.

Audiences can hear Olivia’s full range of vocal skills in her version of the song.  

Not only does Olivia hit the notes that Erica turned T-pain on, but she also finally sings with the emotion critics have been looking for.

To make a comeback, Erica shot a video for the song before Olivia.

In the video, Erica finds a wet letter from an apparent boyfriend and begins to drink her pain away.

This is where the bad acting kicks in.

She takes her sorrows into the bathroom where she lays in a tub fully clothed covered in foam with no water and her bosoms exposed.

I cannot tell what is worse, the bad acting or that fact that her lip-syncing did not match up with the track.

So far there has been no talk from Olivia about a video, but with such a great buzz one should be coming shortly.

Erica may have gotten away with the video, but the song is complete fail. Olivia deserves an “A,” and Erica a “C” for effort.

• Stephanie Banaci, Contributor