A&T Football Announces New Radio Network

North Carolina A&T Athletics has announced that a new radio network will be available for fans to tune in for the 2015 football season.

N.C. A&T Athletics re- cently entered a partnership with DWCommunications to broadcast N.C. A&T football games for the upcoming sea- son.

The new Aggie Sports Net- work will be broadcasted over WBRF 98.1 FM and WEAL 1510 AM. Aggie fans will also be able to listen to games by downloading the TuneIn Radio app and searching for 1510 AM. Spectators will also be able to listen live on ncataggies.com by clicking on the Listen Live button on the website.

Donal Ware will be han- dling the play-by-play reports during the broadcast.

Ware has a radio back- ground, as he comes over from hosting the nationally syndicated show ‘FROM THE PRESS BOX TO PRESS ROW.

The former host was asked to take over the play-by-play after Spencer Gwynn an- nounced his retirement in 2014 after 50 years on air.

Al Swann, a former Aggie Football player, will serve as a broadcast partner and ana- lyst. Billy Covington, an expert with more than 15 years of experience in the radio booth, will serve as the pre- game, halftime, and postgame host for N.C. A&T’s five home games.

“I am excited and nervous at the same time,” said Ware. “To be the play-by-play man for North Carolina A&T foot- ball is truly an honor when you think about the great history of Aggie Football and the promi- nence the institution holds in the community and world- wide.”

Spencer Gwynn is anxious to start the broadcast, yet un- derstands the shoes that need to be filled after the retirement of Spencer Gwynn.

“It is also a nervous time having to fill the shoes of someone who has been a stable of Aggie football for so long in Spencer Gwynn.

DWCommunications, LLC is a multi-faceted firm, whose services range from public relations, sports information and marketing consulting, to radio consultation.

DWCommunications is the rights holder for the nation- ally-syndicated show FROM THE PRESS BOX TO PRESS ROW w/ Donal Ware, which airs on SiriusXM as well as ra- dio stations across the country.

DWCommunications, LLC has worked with and helped build sports radio networks for North Carolina A&T, North Carolina Central, Winston- Salem State, Shaw University and Fayetteville State.

Dominique Moody – Copy Editor

—Email Dominique at [email protected]