Update: No physical was on file for Milandu

Chancellor Harold Martin released today that no physical was on file for Jospin “Andre” Milandu, who died Aug. 19 while trying out for the men’s track and field team.

“I feel an obligation as chancellor of this institution to giver further details to the Aggie family that have come apparent due to our more extensive review of the facts surrounding this incident,” Martin said.

On Aug. 19, Milandu and 28 other participants were trying out in a recently reported unscheduled track try-out. In addition to this unapproved event, no physicals were on file for Milandu or the other participants.

“Since this activity was an unplanned and unapproved try-out, our normal required processes were not followed,” Martin said.

According to Martin, three University established athletics policies as well as NCAA policies were broken.

Those policies include:

NC A&T Sports Medicine policies require prospective student-athletes to complete a signed release waiver for participation in try-outs.

N.C. A&T Athletics Department practices require trainers to be present at all athletic events, tryouts, practices or competition.

NCAA requires prospective student-athletes who are trying out for a team to undergo a medical examination or evaluation by a physician prior to trying out.

Milandu was a sophomore, undecided major from Knightdale, N.C.

• Kelcie McCrae