Why are we so concerned about lip syncing?

It has been brought to everyone’s attention that Beyoncé lip synced at President Barack Obama’s Inauguration.

At least the track did not skip like Milli Vanilli’s epic tragedy, or Ashley Simpson’s incident where the track began before she could even sing.

Over the years, several artists have attempted to lip sync and failed.  Artists such as 50 Cent, Shakira, Mariah Carey, and I bet you did not know that the cute Asian girl who sung China’s national anthem during the Olympics, have all lip synced too.

A photo was posted on Instagram from Beyoncé’s account that appeared to be her in the studio recording prior to the inaugural ceremonies.  Does this confirm that she lip-synched? Some think so.

The first question is, does it really matter? Secondly, does it matter if she does the same thing during the Super Bowl half-time show? Why do we even care?

We all know that B can “sang.” We also know that she is a great performer. She is not the first person to lip sync, and definitely will not be the last.

What many people do not know is that it is common for Super Bowl Half Time performers to lip sync.

Beyoncé was selected to sing, “The Star Spangled Banner,”for reasons unknown, she opted to lip sync. While there is no confirmation on Beyoncé lip-syncing, the fact of the matter is, there will always be a point in every artist’s career when he or she will lip sync.

At the end of the day, it was indeed her voice, and her rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner” was great. Could she have done a better job of covering it up?  Certainly.

But do not be startled by Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child performance at Super Bowl XXVII’s half-time show because they will be lip synching.

-Email us at theatregister @gmail.com and follow The A&T Register on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Yani Long, Contributor