50 Shades of Grey Review

Women nationwide have been ranting and raving about first time author E.L. James’ novel, “Fifty Shades of Grey”.  Erotic, passionate, and suspenseful are just a few words to describe this New York Times #1 bestseller. 

The story begins in Portland, Washington, when the young and innocent Anastasia Steele reluctantly agrees to fill in for her friend, Kate, to interview the CEO of Grey Enterprises for their university’s newspaper. 

When Ana meets Christian Grey for the first time, he is far from the old, fat, wealthy man she expected to encounter.  Instead, she is taken aback and immediately drawn to this tall, smart, handsome, and fairly young, man. 

With graduation only a few weeks away, falling in love is the last thing on Ana’s mind; yet, she cannot seem to rid her brain of thoughts of Christian Grey.  What is it about him that has her so head-over-heels? 

Ana is sure that no one of his wealth, or stature could be interested in someone as simple and ordinary has her.  Ana’s doubts are soon put to rest when Christian asks her out on a coffee date, and proceeds to learn more about her.  He finds that she is not like any other women he has ever met.  In an attempt to preserve her innocence, Christian warns Anastasia that he is a man of many secrets and it would be in her best interest to keep her distance. 

Defiant, Anastasia yearns to know more about the reserved Christian Grey, and despite his warning, he, too, cannot seem to resist his feelings for her.  Readers are immersed into the dark, twisted world of Christian Grey through Ana’s eyes. 

What is he hiding, and will Ana be able to live with Christian’s secret, or will it leave her wishing she had never met the mysterious Christian Grey?          

The first of the trilogy, once you start reading you will not be able to stop.  Filled with crazy twists, and unexpected turns, this book is enticing and will leave you wanting more.  If you love “Fifty Shades of Grey,” you will be sure to love the continuance of the trilogy, “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Fifty Shades Freed”.

• Jasmyn Johnson, Contributor