Trouble Man

T.I. said it best: “go get it, stay out my business,” but lately everyone has been snooping around to get a little snippet of his highly anticipated eighth album “Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head.”

Many older individuals can remember Marvin Gaye’s Trouble Man album that release on Dec. 8, 1972.

However, T.I. stated he had many reasons for titling his album after the legendary Marvin Gaye.

“Trouble man came from my own experiences, although I do recognize that his album was named it first, I just pulled from my own life and that title seem to fit best,” said T.I.

The album is set to release Dec. 18. One of his many stops to promote the album was Greensboro and the campus of A&T. Atlantic Records teamed up WNAA 90.1 FM to bring T.I. to campus for the exclusive listening party and promotional event. Unaware of his arrival, students crowded around Crosby Hall to get a peak of the King of The South after hearing word of his presence on campus.

During his appearance, T.I. gave students snippets of three of his new album’s songs including “G Season” featuring Meek Mill, “Wildside” featuring A$AP Rocky and “Sorry” featuring Andre’ 3000.

The audience comprised mostly of journalism students.

“The songs he played were riding around in you car music that can get anyone ratchet. This is something that we are used to hearing,” said Alanna Goddard, a public relations student from Charlotte.

“It was catchy and a good side to see of him as an artist. Out of all the songs, I enjoyed ‘Sorry’ the most because it was the most lyrically creative song.”

This album stands apart from older albums because “there is more of a diversity…I’m saying what I want to say and I’m doing the music that I became known for doing. I’m finding ways to mixed up the messages and to add other flavors that people may not be expecting,” said TI.

“Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head” differs in many ways, from the people he collaborated with to the cover artwork. T.I. works with a diverse range of artists that includes: Lil Wayne, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Andre’ 3000, R. Kelly, Cee Lo Green, Akon and P!nk . However, he still wishes to work with are Ice Cube, Alicia Keys and Stevie Wonder on future projects.

Although the cover artwork can be perceived controversial, T.I. explained his art team aims “to push the perimeters of creativity and remain connected to the people that we know are looking forward to album, and this one worked the best”.

In addition to T.I.’s ready to release album, he also maintains his hit reality series “T.I. &Tiny: The Family Hustle” and acting career. Next year, look forward to more “music, another movie [‘Identity Theft’] and continued opportunities” stated TI.

T.I. always emphasizes motivation and ambition through his music and life.

“Life always feeds me whatever I need to create. Most artists are inspired by life whether it’s the good or the negative, their environment and surroundings,” said TI.

• Jenell McMillon, Senior reporter