Ask a Black Guy

1. When you’re interested in a girl, how do you go about pursuing her?

Guy #1- I got to do research before I talk to her. See how she comes off, her friends, her interests, her personality, etc. Then if she passes all that, I let her know I’m interested: flirt with her, give her little hints, start being extra nice to her, find out where she might be during the day and just show her that I pay attention to her.

Guy #2- Personally, I take pride in being the chaser. I set my standards pretty high. I’m kind of shy so sometimes I use my shyness to my advantage. I start off with compliments, general conversation, and just asking random questions. So basically I’m interviewing her in a way to see where her mind is.

Guy #3- I try to come off as a friend for starters. After I get to know her a little better, then I get her number. Hopefully if she shows that she’s interested in me as well, then we can go out and ease into the situation. I try not to run game on her; I just treat her like a person and then we go from there.

2. How long are you willing to wait for a physical relationship when dating a girl?

Guy #1- I’m willing to wait however long she wants to. In all honesty, it all just depends on her values. Whenever she’s willing to move on then we can move on. So in my opinion it’s all up to her.

Guy #2- If it‘s someone I really care about then I feel the physical can wait. An emotional, mental, spiritual, connection can help put the physical off for a second.  But if I don’t care about her, then I’ll just leave her alone. I like the challenge so if you’re easy I don’t want you.

Guy #3- 30-45 days is my limit. I feel like if we are talking we should be around each other quite often. And after being around someone 20 to 30 times you are attracted to, we should be able to do something.

3. Would you be able to handle a woman who makes more money than you?

Guy #1- Yes I would. My stepmother makes more than my father and I’ve seen their relationship work. I have no problem with her bringing home the bacon, just as long as she knows I’m still the king of the castle. As long as she realizes that, then we’re cool.

Guy #2- Sure! As long as I feel like I’m still contributing to the family. As long as we are equally contributing to the household then that doesn’t matter to be honest. I think the person who makes more is overrated.

Guy #3- Yes I think I could deal with that. The only reason I can say that is because I lived with a single mother and I was a single child. I know that having two incomes are more than one. Even if it’s a little bit, that’s better than just one contributor.

Â