Motorcycle insurance 101

Whether you’ve been riding a motorcycle for years, or just recently purchased one for the first time, there has never been a better time to make sure the insurance policy you are carrying is suitable.

The best way to find the answer is to ask some good questions. Ready for motorcycle insurance 101? Here we go!

1. If your bike breaks down or you’re in an accident, will the cost of towing and the related labor be covered? Yes, but probably only if you buy towing and rental reimbursement coverage.

2. If you get into an accident, will your passengers be covered? As long as you have a valid insurance policy, the answer is most likely yes.

3. Are you covered if your bike is lost or stolen? Most likely yes, as long as you have comprehensive coverage, which typically can help pay for covered damages resulting from a loss other than a collision, within policy limits. These often include flood, wind, theft and vandalism.

4. If you own several bikes are you entitled to a discount if you insure them all with the same company? Yes, in fact, at Allstate you may be able to save up to 35 percent if you insure all your bikes under the same policy.

5. Will the aftermarket parts you’ve added to your bike be covered in the event of a loss or accident? Under the policy’s comprehensive and collision coverage, many companies only cover up to $1,000 on aftermarket parts. If you’ve invested more than that, you may be able to buy extra coverage that raises the limit up to $30,000.

Interested in finding a policy that will match your needs? Get your free

motorcycle insurance quote any time of the day or night by logging online.

You’re sure to find motorcycle insurance coverage options that fit your needs and your budget. You just need to know which questions to ask.