Aggies won’t let rain stop Spring Fest

Cooler temperatures and the possibility of rain hasn’t keep Aggies from attending the events in store for A&T’s 2009 Spring Fest.

On Monday, students gathered around Holland Bowl to watch SGA and SUAB compete in a game of Flag Football with SGA leaving the field with a victory.

As the rain picked up, students made their way to the New Classroom Building Auditorium to attend the Aggies & Poets Event at 8 p.m. to watch A&T students who had auditioned prior to the show battle it out in a competition.

The first judging was done by the audience and then by about five judges who kept score and time for each contestant. In the end, Dominique Goodman came in first, Bryan Fingers came in second and there was a tie for third between poets Champ and Dewon Perry.

On Tuesday, the new members of the 2009-2010 SGA executive board were inaugurated in a formal banquet in Stallings Ballroom to welcome the Jasmin administration into office.

Wednesday’s cookout has been moved to Williams Cafeteria due to the possibility of rain and will start when dinner starts at 4 p.m. Miss A&T’s Prom, which was schedule to be in the Memorial Student Union at 8:30 p.m. has been cancelled.

The Sean Murphy Charity Classic Celebrity Basketball Game is scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m. in Corbett Sport Center. The game will feature local and national celebrities to raise money for the American Heart Association and the Sean Murphy Scholarship Fund.

Tickets are on sale in Brown Ticket Office for $5 with an A&T ID and $8 for the general public.

Friday, The Pan-Hellenic Step Show will be held in Corbett Sports Center at 7 p.m. Admission is $5 for everyone. The Spring Fest Comedy Show featuring comedians, Lavelle Crawford, DeRay, Dominique and newcomer, Lavar will also be in Corbett Sports Center at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday.

A limited amount of A&T student tickets are $10; all tickets thereafter are $15. The Lady Aggies from A&T and Bennett’s Bennett Belles will take to Holland Bowl in a Powder Puff Game at 11 a.m. followed by a Flag Football rematch between SGA and SUAB.

• Stacie Bailey