Bathroom remodeling today means less water and money down the drain

(ARA) – You’re ready for a new bathroom, something with style and comfort. You want the room to refresh you in the mornings, and provide you with the opportunity to relax and unwind in the evenings.

As you start to design your bathroom remodel, you immediately put comfort at the top of your priority list. You want a beautiful shower with superb water pressure that feels oh-so-good in the mornings or a sink that allows you to quickly and efficiently wash your hands and face so you can wake up and get started for the day.

Another notion to put at the top of your list is water efficiency. In fact, high-efficiency is now the standard for bathroom showers, sinks and toilets. In the United States, products with the Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense label are high-performing, water-efficient and tested by a third, independent party to be certified.

It’s a misconception that high-efficiency products don’t perform well. Technology is so improved that you can get the same invigorating stream of water in your morning shower while using less water. Another mistaken belief is that high-efficiency products are very expensive. Most green products don’t cost any more than regular showers, sinks or toilets.

Toilets are the biggest source of water usage in your home – representing almost a third of your family’s total indoor water consumption. And high-efficiency toilets, like TOTO’s high-efficiency Double Cyclone toilets, only use 1.28 gallons of water per flush, which could save a family of four more than $2,000 over the lifetime of the toilet. These EPA WaterSense-labeled toilets make water work harder by marrying flawless performance to exceptional bowl cleansing action to create a green, clean flushing system that saves you money, water, and time cleaning the toilet, always a thankless task.

Of course, as you redesign your bath, you get to choose the style and look. Your taste might be a large, claw-foot tub that allows you to immerse yourself in a froth of bath bubbles, or you might go for a more modern design with glass shower walls and bold tile colors. Either way, make sure you upgrade your faucet and showerhead. TOTO’s Guinevere high-efficiency faucets and showerheads offer stylish, high performance that can cut water usage by more than 32 percent compared to standard models.

Conserving water in your newly redesigned bathroom allows you to be green, save money, save time, and be conscientious about the environment – without losing the advantage of that great performance you have come to expect. So enjoy the comfort and luxury of your bath space, and reap the money-saving rewards at the same time.