A few final words for A&T

What am I going to do without A&T?  I sit here writing my last official contribution to the A&T Register wishing I had enough space to offer more of my thoughts than just a simple goodbye.  I wish I had time to talk about everything that was good and bad over the last three school years, but I guess these few choice points will suffice.  I would think that I have been a decent photographer over the last three years and only wish I could be in more places at once so I could make even more pictures.

Did the 20 questions section of the paper make you laugh or cry over the years?  If you were ever angered over any of the insensitive topics covered in 20 questions I am apologizing whole-heartedly with a bit of a smirk on my face.  A lot of those questions came from actual group conversations in the A&T Register Office so I also thank the staff for being so inspiring concerning the most random of things.  I think it is kind of therapeutic to be able to share everything you find funny outside of my everyday circle. 

I guess the question for this paragraph is How old will I be before I have to give buying a ticket to the Alumni concert some actual thought? I have had press passes and access to some great A&T events and met a lot of pretty interesting Celebrities, professors, students, and locals during my time here at the paper.  I might not have paid for those tickets but I don’t remember anybody waiting outside with me for hours because SGA forgot about them either.  I really can’t wait for homecoming this year because class cramps my style during that time of year. 

Who is going to take the pictures if I’m not around?  A big acknowledgement goes to the University Photographer Charles Watkins.  He is a great guy to learn from especially if you are a hard-head like myself.  But I am handing the reins over to Kenneth Hawkins and the tradition of the outstanding probate photo shall continue. Shout out to Beta Epsilon because the lock-n-lean was my personal favorite.  As far as all other Greek life is concerned I’m upset because I never got to see a Kappa or an AKA perform at a step-show. 

Isn’t it funny how you will still fight somebody for talking about our football team?  I am an actual fan that never saw my team win until my Senior year.  I took pictures that made them look like pros and I published a couple shots that made them look like Pop-Warner but I love those guys.

I am looking for a 1 game over .500 record next season gentlemen.  While we are at the stadium big shout out to Golden Delight because that is where I first practiced shooting fashions.  I never checked but I hope some of my shots made their website.Which HBCU newspaper is the best in the land?  Last but not least my goodbye to the Register Staff will be done in a little less public manner. 

It isn’t cool to write a bunch of inside jokes for our audience to read and not understand, so I will see you all at the banquet.   Aggie Pride to the rest of you and I hope to be taking a picture of you in the future for hopefully positive reasons. 

• Leroy Mikell