Let’s talk pop Culture: Fashion and technology

“The new gold standard of smartphones.” says Phil Schiller, Marketing Chief of Apple. The iPhone is back. It’s faster, bigger, and gold? Yes, indeed the new iPhone5 will come in a variety of new colors, including gray, silver, and gold.

Customers will also have the option to purchase the iPhone 5s. It will now be available a gold, gray, and silver. This is the first time a phone will have an A7 chip. Apple claims that the chip will allow the phone to work twice as fast as older models. The graphics are to be faster as well.

Previous models of the iPhone required customers to make a passcode that they could remember. The new addition of the phone includes a Touch ID fingerprint sensor. The idea of the Touch ID fingerprint sensor is simply “You.” Apple wanted to create a security system with something that the customer can carry with them.

Why not have a phone centered on you? This has consumers on edge. Yes, this is an attractive addition to the phone; however, this raises some eyebrows, knowing that Apple will have access to the identities of those who own an iPhone 5s. “I don’t like the idea, it’s a new idea, but you have no clue, who has access to your fingerprints,” said Ahmeer Gibson. “However, it is a good idea that no one can steal your phone or get on the phone.”  

The iPhone will include iOS7 software. The software will also possess an updated notification center. It will allow you to glance at everything that you missed, check up on your calendar for today and tomorrow. The new iOS7 software, will include iWork, iMovie, and iPhoto.

These new additions will already be added to the iPhone 5c. The iPhone will allow the customer to work on different projects, in their hand. The iPhone 5c, is made up of polycarbonate plastic material. The material allowed Apple to add bright creative colors to the phone.

The addition of the plastic material makes it a tad bit heavier. The battery now allows ten hours of talk time. This is an improvement from the previous eight hours. An amazing new feature includes the iSight camera. The camera includes an 8-megapixel, the f/2.4 aperture and LED flash.

Tragically, another iPhone is released without the founder Steve Jobs. Although the founder passed, Apple continues to thrive, and come up with Technology Innovations.

This past week Apple’s stock dropped -7.79 percent. Apple sales have changed since the death of the Apple founder. Many wonder if this new phone will be what it is supposed to be?

According to the Global Smartphone Market, Androids are the leading smartphone. 79 percent of consumers buy Androids rather than the iPhone. Only 13 percent of consumers buy the iPhone. The release of these two devices will be Sept. 20, 2013.

The iOS7 software will be available for download on September 18, 2013. The price for the iPhone 5C will be $99 for the 16GB, and $199 for the 32GB. The iPhone 5S prices will range from $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB, and $399 for the 64GB.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be released in a few weeks. The new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will now have a brand new soft-touch design on the back of the phone. The Note 3 will be slimmer and thinner, despite having a large display.

The Samsung Galaxy will feature a new 8-Megapixel snapper on the rear. It will feature the new auto-focus with the option of focusing on the screen. The Note 3 will offer a new skin feature, known as the TouchWiz. The Note 3 adds a new magazine option, advanced support for the S-Pen, and a newly designed S-Notes App. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for Verizon and AT&T is already available for pre-order. The Verizon Note 3 will be released on Oct. 10 while the AT&T Note 3 will be released on Oct. 1.T-Mobile announced that they will release their Note 3 on Oct. 2. The prices for the devices will range from $199.99-$299.99.

—Email us at  [email protected]  and follow The A&T Register on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Dominique moody Contributor