Why join a roadside rescue service?

Automobile owners know that it’s not a matter of if something will go wrong, but a matter of when. But wouldn’t it be nice to know that the next time your car won’t start or you get a flat, help is on the way?

That’s where a roadside rescue service comes in. For an annual fee – which is often quite affordable – you can join a rescue service, or auto club, as they are often called. Rather than having to search for an auto shop when you have something go wrong, you can call a 24-hour helpline that will get you in touch with someone who can help.

Here are a few features to look for when selecting an auto club:

* Roadside assistance. This is probably the most compelling reason to join an auto club. When looking for a roadside rescue service, make sure it has a 24-hour helpline so you can get help any time you need it. Most assistance providers will be able to help if you get a flat tire, need a tow, lock yourself out of your car or run out of gas. If you are shopping around and getting auto insurance quotes, ask your provider if they also offer roadside assistance. For example, Allstate offers memberships to the Allstate Motor Club starting at $48 per year. It’s yet another thing to consider as you look for car insurance.

* Travel discounts. Many auto clubs partner with hotels, restaurants and other businesses to offer discounts you can take advantage of when traveling. You can check out what your club offers on its website or other materials provided to you, or ask the hotel or restaurant when you make reservations.

* Trip planning. If you’re planning a vacation, check with your auto club to see if they provide maps or other travel guides, as many of them also provide this free service.

For more information on the Allstate Motor Club and free car insurance quotes, visit Allstate.com.

Courtesy of ARAcontent