Reading with the register: ‘Bared to You’

The days of housewives and soccer moms creeping into bathrooms to sneak a peek at the latest steamy romance novel are out.

Say good-bye to the cheesy covers with damsels in distresses being rescued and seduced by a long-haired Fabio look alikes.

Today’s modern romance novel has gotten a much needed face lift.

These romances are set in hot, current, and fast paced cities, not vineyards and plantations.

The characters live the lives of our alter egos, where the women and men are on the same playing field, pursuing careers in corporate America, or becoming CEO’s.

While the notion of updating romance novels is nothing new, no trilogy started a fire quite like “Fifty Shades of Grey,” a novel that quickly swept the nation.

Networks such as ABC and shows like the “Today Show” could not help but wonder what the buzz was all about.

While “Fifty Shades of Grey” received the most praise, other authors were creating novels that would soon get just as much hype.

Enter Sylvia Day.

Sylvia Day is the author of “Bared to You,” the first book of her “Crossfire” series.

With juicy characters, content, and even juicer love scenes, Day has the perfect formula for some healthy completion.

“Bared to You” is based out of New York and tells the story of Eva Tramell and Gideon Cross.

The passion that pulses in the story line between these characters is what keeps the pages turning.

Eva is a young and ambitious woman making her way in advertising when suddenly caught in the whirlwind of the dark, mysterious, and steamy Gideon Cross.

Gideon is a multi-millionaire mogul who works in the same building as Eva.

He is just as startled by the magnetic pull that Eva has on him.

Both come from backgrounds of secrecy and trust issues that have the potential to tear them apart.

Despite the odds being against them, the connection they have continues to drive them towards each other.

Their raw passion for one another threatens to rip them to the core.

Both must find a way to move past the hurt of their pasts to maintain a healthy romantic relationship.

“Bared to You” has easily become the next big guilty pleasure.

The quality of the story line makes it almost impossible to put this read down.

The stirring love scenes are simply a bonus.

After reading “Bared to You,” there is no doubt you will want more.

Be sure to check out the sequel, “Reflected in You.”

Many are anticipating the release of the third installment  the series, “Entwined in You.”

Find some time to kick up your feet and read “Bared to You.” You will not regret it.

-Email The Register at [email protected] and follow on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Kourtney Pope, Register Reporter