Gruesome and gore finale

“Hello. I want to play a game.”  Thanks to the “Saw” saga, this phrase has become famous and synonymous with danger.

Many fans of the “Saw” movie series that have been following since the first installment in 2004, were greatly anticipating the final piece to the puzzle, especially as it is being shown in 3D for the first time.  

Anyone who has seen previous “Saw” films knows how gruesome and violently graphic these movies are.  

“Saw 3D” proves to be no different.  This film was filled with terror and torture from the opening scene to the conclusion.  

“Saw 3D” brought all seven of the “Saw” films to full circle.  

Although Jigsaw, the original killer in the films, died earlier in the saga the vicious murders continue.  

The genius in the “Saw” franchise is that Jigsaw never actually kills any of his victims; he finds ways for them to kill themselves.     

Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan, who also co-wrote the screenplays for Saw IV, V and VI, wrote, “Saw 3D.”  

Director Kevin Greutert returned from “Saw 6” to direct the final installment.  

The movie began with the final scenes of the first Saw film and also takes the audience back to the final scenes of Saw 6.  

Any questions one may have had about the plot or characters in this series were answered in this final film.  

And just when you think every possible way for a human to be killed or tortured had been previously explored, the writers develop new and equally as painful death traps.  

“Saw 3D” did not disappoint in the gore that has come to be associated with these films nor did it disappoint in the suspense or anticipation.

However, there was no reason for this movie to be shown in 3D.  

Scenes in the film were barely enhanced or appeared more horrifying due to the 3D visuals.  

“Saw 3D” is the most expensive of the Saw films to date at a budget of $17 million.  

Audience members that have not seen the previous films may be left confused, but can still find “Saw 3D” chilling and entertaining.  

Just as all of the other films in the Saw franchise, “Saw 3D” is the perfect thriller for the Halloween season.     

• Jessica Grissom