Ask A Black Guy

Did you go see the movie Think Like a Man? What’s your opinion on it?

Guy #1- I went and I thought it was a good movie. I only went because my girl forced me to go but while I was there I found myself laughing and getting caught up in the story. I think we all face the things all the guys went through so that gave it a personal touch. It’s funny because my girl and I quote stuff from that movie all the time now and neither of us read the book.

Guy #2- I think for it being a chick flick, the movie was good. It made me laugh at times and there was a lot of truth in it. I liked it but I think they could have done it without referring to Steve Harvey every other scene. I know he wrote the book and everything, but they didn’t have to mention him all the time. You don’t see Harry Potter movies always shouting out J. K. Rowling. I think the movie could have been good if they just left him out of it because Steve Harvey can get annoying when he’s trying to be a “relationshup guru.”

Guy #3- I actually haven’t seen it yet but I have heard nothing but good reviews about it. I plan on going to see it soon. I think it’s good that a movie like that is getting a lot of attention. It seems to be one of those feel good comedies and we need more of those. To my knowledge it doesn’t make black people look stupid, yet it still tells a good story and shows black people actually reading a book and educating themselves about the world around them. So I support it!

Who do you predict will win the NBA Title? Why?

Guy #1- I am always going to be a Lakers fan, however this year I think I’m going to have to give it to the Heat. They look pretty good this year. Last year they had moments where they looked weak and that came back to bite them. But this year they look way too confident for me to give it to anybody else. But if not them, then I’ll give it to the Lakers.

Guy #2- I think it’s wide open for anybody to win it this year. From the East you got Chicago, Miami, Boston, and the Knicks making a lot of noise. However, on the West you got the Clippers, Lakers, Thunder and Spurs all fighting for that spot. However, if I were a betting man I would give it to the Thunder.

Guy #3- People never think about the fact that the NBA does series, not just one game eliminations. With that being said, I don’t see anybody beating the Heat four out of seven times this year. However, the same goes for the Thunder. I think it will be those two in the Finals and it will go seven games.

VH1 recently did a “Behind the Music” special on Nas. If you could pick their next artist, who would it be and why?

Guy #1- If I could pick I think I would do Outkast. I’ve been a huge Outkast fan since I was a kid and I’ve never seen a “Behind the Music” on them. I think a special on them would get a lot of views and hopefully convince them to get back in the studio together.

Guy #2- I’ve been waiting to see a “Behind the Music” on Jay-Z. Maybe I’ve missed it, but I think it would be nice for them to do one on him because he is such a musical legend, not just hip-hop either. I could be wrong but I don’t think they’ve ever done one on him or Beyonce and I think that would be very interesting to see.

Guy #3- It would be cool to see a “Behind the Music” special on Bon Jovi. That may not be the answer you were looking for but I like their music. They have great songs they can connect to everyone. I know you were probably looking for a hip-hop group or artist but I think if more black people gave them the chance, they would too. But in any event, I think Bon Jovi would have a dope special.