Letter to the Editor

Dear Editor,

Aggies North Carolina A&T State University wants your help and feedback.  Recently designated freshman and senior students here at NC A&T received an invitational email from ([email protected]) the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE).  NSSE is a survey that gives students a chance to evaluate the performance of their university on various types of activities.

The subject of the email was entitled ” North Carolina A&T State University wants your feedback”.  The email invited students to complete a survey to grade the university on its effectiveness and engagement in various educational activities, such as level of academic challenge, student-faculty interaction, and supportive campus services shared during their collegiate experience.

Students chosen to participate in the survey should have received an email on January 27, 2011.  Response to the invitational email from our student has been low.  In the coming weeks NSSE ([email protected]) is schedule to send a follow-up, a reminder, and a final reminder email to selected students at their NCA&T email address.

If you have completed the survey, thank you very much, you will not receive an email. If wish to help us with this endeavor and share your thoughts please check your account often for emails from ([email protected]). Once you have received the email filling out the NSSE survey should take no more than 15 minutes.

Aggies we need your help in identifying areas where NC A&T is doing well, and the areas where we can improve.  

This important information directly from our students will help us make changes in policies, curriculum, and general campus life. Your participation in NSSE will provide information about your NCA&T experience that we cannot get anywhere else.

If you have any questions about NSSE or how we will use the results, please contact Dr. Jenkins ([email protected]) or Mr. Rucker ([email protected]) via email or phone 336-334-7006.

Sincerely,

Dr. Scott Jenkins

Director of Institutional Research

Mr. Alton Rucker

Senior Research Associate