Ask a Black Guy

1. After a man has done homosexual acts, do you think he can go back to being completely heterosexual?

Guy #1- Once you’re gay, you’re always gay. There is no turning back once you lay down with another man. And that goes for women too. I love watching Girl-On-Girl just as much as the next man, but once you lose your “gay virginity,” it is gone forever because everyone will see you as that gay guy who smashed the homies.

Guy #2- As a homosexual male, I think chances are you’re gay. If you do one homosexual act then maybe you can consider it to be experimenting. I personally do not think that is the case most of the time, but sometimes that is a legit excuse. However, if you do multiple acts, that means you are attracted to men. You could be attracted to women as well, but if you have multiple homosexual encounters, then that means you clearly cannot deny your feelings towards other men.

Guy #3- I don’t think so. I’ve never had the smallest urge to sleep with another man. So for someone to actually go through with it and kiss, or date, or do God knows what with someone of the same sex, is a big leap. Regardless of how many times it happens, once you do it one time, you can never say you’re straight because you will always have that secret attraction.

2. What is your definition of a man?

Guy #1- Someone who performs manly deeds. I know that phrase can be loosely used, but it is true. A man is a protector, educator, provider, and a natural born leader. He is not supposed to follow behind a woman. He takes control and forces her to follow behind him and his leadership. A real man makes a real woman.

Guy #2- A man shows compassion towards others. I think a man who can relate to other people’s problems and be able to put themselves into that situation is what a real man is. Men like Martin Luther King Jr., Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama, etc.

Guy #3- The definition of a man means something to everyone. I think a man is a person who becomes selfless. A real man realizes that there are bigger things than him. With that being said, I think it is hard to find a real man in college because at this age we are very selfish and young, which, at this point in our lives, we should be. It’s not time for us to mature just yet.  We have to enjoy our youth.

3. Who is the male figure that you admire the most in your life? Why?

Guy #1- My uncles and brothers. My father was never in my life so it was very important for them to step in and play that father role. They showed me how to fight, ride my bike, shave, and everything that is essential for young boys to learn.

Guy #2- I would have to say my dad. Anytime I have had problems he was always there for me to support me and pick me up. The average male would probably turn their back on their son if he admitted he was gay, but it just brought my father and I closer. So I would say I admire him the most.

Guy #3- The men in my family obviously. Regardless if they are older or younger, I love those guys the most. But, besides family I look up to men like Muhammad Ali, Michael Eric Dyson, Barack Obama, Cornel West, and all the other living legends in the black community. Real men of strength.

Â