Ask a black guy

What are some of the qualities that you look for in a partner?

Guy #1:  I love when I meet someone who can talk about much more than what came on entertainment tonight, the latest news, and who freaked it in the latest music video.  I need a spiritual woman who has a certain drive and perseverance about herself. I need someone who I feel comfortable communicating with, no matter the topic.  I also need someone who can be honest about how they feel at all times.   

Guy #2:  I look for a pretty face and a gorgeous smile first.  Honestly, I feel like everybody wants someone that they enjoy seeing and being around. I know it may come off as weird or fetish-like, but I prefer to talk to girls that have curly hair.  There is something about caramel skin and curly hair that turns me on.  I mean after that, I obviously look for the sex appeal and the way she dresses among other things.  

Guy #3:  To be honest, I just want somebody who is sexually attractive.  I must admit that I love curves and my love has only grown deeper since I came to A&T.  I mean I just want a friend with benefits that I can handle herself in public. That is all I need right about now.  Nationalities and colors do not matter.  Come holler at me.

What is the number one turn off for you in a partner?

Guy #1:   I cannot stand when girls talk on the phone all day long.  It pisses me off when I take someone out to eat or to an event and all they do the entire time is text, Instagram, and tweet.  It is like these days, nobody has any type of attention span because of technology and social websites.

Guy #2:  I hate when girls cake on too much makeup.  Sometimes girls put way too much emphasis on dressing up and looking sexy and beautiful.  I know all that stuff is good and everything, but the true beauty lies within.  It is tragic when you see the same girl you saw last night without her makeup.  That moment when she knows that you’re thinking about why her complexion is so bare and empty is awkward.  

Guy #3:  I hate when girls put on a show and act like someone they really are not.  Also known as faking, fronting, or acting.  Too many girls try to mimic other girls that they associate with and it kills my relationship with them because I recognize the difference between real and fake.   

If you suspect your partner is cheating on you, what is you first response?

Guy #1:  My first response is to get her phone and call back the random guy names that show up most often.  My girl keeps everything in her phone.  If there is something to be found, all you have to do is scroll through someone’s text messages or tweets.  If someone is really cheating, the text message and phone call records usually seem like a treasure chest of proof.  

Guy #2:    I’d ask her straight up.  If you ask somebody if they cheating on you with a serious face you can tell if they are telling the truth.  It makes no since to worry myself about it when I can just ask her and find out that way.  It saves a lot of stress.

Guy #3: On to the next one.  I mean, how many people suspected of cheating were actually innocent?  Rumors do start and people do get falsely accused of cheating, but most of the time it’s true.  Going back to a girl who cheated on me is too much of a hindrance to my pride and self-confidence.  It’s sad, but it is true.