Parker gets raving review

“Parker”, starring Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham, the new action and crime film based on novels written by Donald Westlake hit theaters on Jan. 25, 2013. You have probably seen Jason Statham in “The Transporter”, “Death Race”, “The expendables”, and “The One” starring Jet Li. This crime filled movie had its audience in shock with its graphic action scenes. The movie received good reviews from the audience despite the poor reviews from critics.

Revenge is the main purpose in this Taylor Hackford film based in Palm Beach, Florida. It opens up with Parker, played by Jason Statham, a group of low down dirty thieves and their hit on a county fair. Unfortunately, greed and deceit is common in situations dealing with money.  After the hit on the county fair, Parker’s associates left him for dead and no share of the money. Parker survived. With the help of a real estate agent played by Jennifer Lopez, Parker’s motive is to hunt the men down who betrayed him.  Throughout the entire movie, Parker lives by the motto, “Civilized people need to follow rules, but these are mine. I do not steal from people who cannot afford it, and I do not hurt people who do not deserve it.”

A surprise was Jennifer Lopez’s performance, as she acted as a sidekick to Parker. Despite the fact that Lopez has not played an acting role in any current movies, she played a stellar role in this year’s “Parker” film. J-Lo gave the audience a sense of sex appeal with her supporting role.

This film is by far one of the best action/drama filled movies in theatres today. If you are looking for action, drama, mystery, and suspense all in one then I recommend going to see this movie.

• Felexia Brasswell, Contributor