Dream Come True: From A&T to Runnin’ E!

He thought like a man, played “The Game,” and stayed on the block of 106 & Park for seven years.

Move over Ryan Seacrest, Terrence Jenkins has announced his new gig as “E! News” co-host.

Along with Giuliana Rancic, Jenkins will start on Nov. 12. At this position, “Jenkins will work on personality profiles and will report for the news program,” stated The Hollywood Report.

“E! News” is going towards a new brand, which will help their credibility by bringing in a host like Jenkins’ with experience and talent.

In an interview, Jenkins stated, “I’ve always had a passion for the wide spectrum of pop culture that E! News’ covers so well. I can’t wait to get started.”

“I’ve had a great career so far, and it’s all been building toward this.”

He has been building his dream since his tenure at N.C.A&T.

Jenkins’ leadership and love for the journalism department was something every student could see on campus.

He served as student body president, DJ for WNAA-FM, host for events on campus, party promoter, and was initiated into the Mu Psi Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. in 2004.

His inspiration has come a long way from A&T to his start at BET in 2005.

Terrence J took a chance after graduation by moving to New York for the 106 & Park search audition.

“I was really poor and really desperate when I moved to New York. I was sleeping in my brother’s basement on a couch. When I went to New York it was a struggle. It was so many people saying I couldn’t do it. When I first auditioned, I was told ‘no’ and I had to drive to Los Angeles,” stated Jenkins.

Realizing his potential, he decided to take that second audition and was spotted as the new host of 106 & Park.

Jenkins realized after graduating from N.C.A&T that things do not come easy.

“When you go to an HBCU you know what it’s like to get that refund check and for financial aid to come through but in the real world it takes no’s and chances to get to your career.”

“It’s us against the world. And when you get out of school you will know that,” stated Jenkins.

His accomplishments include: BET host on “106 & Park”, “Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming”, “Burlesque”, the fourth season of “The Game”, “The Heart Specialist”, Steve Harvey’s “Think Like a Man”, and “Sparkle”.

This is a new start for Jenkins and there is more to come.

Terrence J is the motivation that many students need to see. He showed that anything is possible with hard work and dedication.

Congratulations!

[email protected] and follow @ATRegister on Twitter

• Jenell McMillon, Senior reporter