New senate, SGA officers elected

The fall 2004-2005 Student Government Association elections were held earlier this month in the Exhibit Hall of the Student Union. Approximately 1,030 students turned out to vote in the fall elections. The new SGA members have great expectations for this school year.

51 students were elected to new offices. The judiciary council elected seven new members. Freshman class officers were elected: President, Leo D. Breckenridge; Vice President, Breana L. Greenlee; Secretary, Angela L. English; Treasurer, Vinnetta G. Singletary; and Miss Freshman, Anice N. Hagler. Rodney Williams is the new sophomore class secretary.

Kourtnye Worth is junior class secretary; Crystal Satterfield is junior class treasurer, and Shawnee Y. Mullen was elected to senior class secretary. 35 peoples were elected in to the senate.

Moses Ochola, one of seven newly elected judiciary council members, says his future plans are to uphold the student handbook while making sure students have a well-spoken voice regarding guidelines and regulations at A&T. His major goal is to make sure students are treated fairly by faculty and staff.

“Students never had a voice before in the judiciary council, it has always been the faculty but now we have a say-so. Since we are students we will be able to relate more with the students being held on trial,” said Ochola.

Brandon Dillahunt, a newly elected member of the district two senate, is going to try to get more scholarships and internships for the school of Business and Economics students. Being politically in tuned is important to Dillahunt, so he wants to make sure all the students are registered to vote for this year’s upcoming presidential elections.

Calvin Williams Jr., 2004-2005 SGA president, has a positive outlook for the current school year. “For my remaining eight months in office, I plan on unifying the campus, raising the level of consciousness amongst the students, and developing Aggie Leaders. These three key plans trickle down into everything that this university will do that is involved or related with the Student Government Association,” said Williams.

“There is one organization above all others that I recommend that all students get involved in. That organization is the one that he or she can best see t

• Neena Ramsey