Lady Aggies Weekend Ends Early

The Lady Aggies volleyball team competed in the 2011 Courtyard

Midtown Classic in Reynolds Coliseum at N. C. State University On.

Sept. 2-3. While still playing with only six players, the Lady

Aggies fell short in both matchups during the tournament on Sept.

2.

The Lady Aggies volleyball team competed in the 2011 Courtyard Midtown Classic in Reynolds Coliseum at N. C. State University On. Sept. 2-3.

While still playing with only six players, the Lady Aggies fell short in both matchups during the tournament on Sept. 2.

In the first match, the Lady Aggies were annihilated by the Wolfpack of N.C. State 3-0 (25-9, 10, 11). Defensively, A&T did not have an answer for the Wolfpack’s offense. Meredith Richardson led N. C. State with 10 kills and just one attack error in 12 attempts. N.C. State finished the game with a .441 hitting percentage. Jeana Daniels led the Lady Aggies with five kills in their defeat.

Western Carolina gave the Lady Aggies their second loss of the day as they won 3-0 (25-10, 16, 11). The Lady Aggies failed to keep momentum and get off to good starts against the Catamounts. In the first set against Western Carolina, Murphye Williams’ kill put the Lady Aggies in control 4-1, but the Catamounts put together an 11-1 comeback to gain momentum. Tatiana Cooper finished the matchup against Western Carolina with five kills in the Lady Aggies loss.

Because the Lady Aggies only have six players, one injury to any player could cost the team. They experienced just that Sept. 2 with Chelsea Fox.

Due to Fox’s injury, the Lady Aggies were forced to miss the final two games of the tournament Sept. 3 against Campbell University and Wisconsin.

The Lady Aggies next game will be Wednesday, Sept. 7 in Corbett Sports Center for their home opener against Citadel.

• Tirelle Daye,Contributor