Q and A with Frankie Day Greenlee

Q: Is N.C A&T’s theater department one of the best in the state?A: Actually, it is one of the best-accredited Bachelor of Fine Arts programs in the nation.

Q: What do you see for the department in the coming years?A: One of the things I will strive toward is getting more student scholarships and getting corporate sponsors, trying to have a full house for all shows and to have a stream of money to sustain ourselves for what we do.

Q: What is one thing that you would like for the university to do for the theater program?A: Let it be known when they make the speeches about how good engineering is and the business department that they should include the arts. One of the things that people don’t realize is that everyone needs the arts in their lives.

Q: What are some of the benefits of being in the theater department?A: Just the joy of seeing the labor of your work. To see students moving forward and reach their goals, and to see disciplined, focused, giving artist.

Q: Did the Richard B. Harrison Players make it to the national competition this year?A: No, not this year. We did make it last year and we do plan to do our best to make it next year.

Q: Are their any plans of expanding the department with other activities?A: Yes, we do plan to get more artists to come in and give more lectures. We plan to bring in more professionals to present to the students. I think we also want to get more involved in the community and be more visible outside of the campus.