Don’t let shopping break your budget

From the magazines to the videos to the campus of A&T, fashion is everywhere!

Aggies love to look nice and set the style standards. Staying on top in fashion can get to be extremely expensive. However Aggies usually have the answer for everything.

Everyone loves a good bargain and with vintage fashions coming back in style, your local thrift store may be your new best friend.

Plato’s Closet, Bargain Box and Goodwill are just a few places in the area where one can get name brand clothes for inexpensive prices. Plato’s Closet focuses on the styles of the current season. It has a large selection of name brand jeans such as Express, Gap and Abercrombie and Fitch. To accent your jeans Plato’s Closet also offers a larger selection of shirts and accessories. The staff at Plato’s Closet carefully goes through the clothes to make sure that the clothes are not damaged or have stains on them. Plato’s Closet is located on 2310 Battleground Ave.

Bargain Box, which is in walking distance of the campus, also offers a large assortment of clothes. Leather distressed jackets, slacks for a presentation or interview, and shoes are all available there. If you are interested in looking vintage, the Bargain Box would definitely be the place to purchase clothes to achieve your vintage look. Bargain Box is a non-profit organization and is located downtown on 122 Elm St.

Goodwill has everything that you could possibly want. Authentic handbags from exquisite designers such as Gucci and Louis Vuitton can be found with a large portion of the price taken off. While you are shopping you can also find household items that may come in handy for that dorm room or apartment.

Furniture, vacuum cleaners and televisions are also available. Goodwill is located at 1235 S. Eugene St. Goodwill also has industrial services and accepts donations.

Even though the prices are extremely cheap, sometimes depending on the day that you shop there may be an additional percentage off. Also if you are someone who has a lot of clothes and you want to buy more, you can even sell your clothes and get cash back for your old clothes at Plato’s Closet. Goodwill offers a receipt for those who donate for tax purposes.

Either way you can’t go wrong at a second-hand store.

When shopping at a second-hand store here are a few friendly tips.

-Always wash the clothes or have them dry cleaned before wearing them.

-Check for stains. Even though the clothes are second-hand, make sure there is not a stain on the fabric that can not be removed.

– Try several stores first. What you are looking for could be cheaper at a different store.

– When you are selling your clothes to a thrift store, call ahead to see about the items that you are looking for .

– Check and see which days offer an additional percentage off.

When purchasing shoes, spray disinfectant inside.

• Jaime Brown