History really comes alive during Dallas vacations

Summer is a more leisurely time of year for most school children. They are on break from school and want to just kick back, play and relax. But parents can make sure they keep learning top of mind by taking their kids on a vacation where history comes to life.

A place where this happens every day is Dallas, Texas, the city where on November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. A lot of families center their Dallas vacations on a visit to the building from which Lee Harvey Oswald fired the fatal shot.

Since 1989, The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza has welcomed more than 6 million visitors from around the world seeking information and understanding about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The museum features documentary films, historic footage, hundreds of photographs and artifacts from that time in history. The actual rifle used to kill the President is on display.

Not all the history lessons in this great city revolve around JFK. History buffs can also find recreations of frontier life and architecture at the Old Red Museum of Dallas County History and Culture.

Dallas vacations are also enjoyed by lovers of the arts. A 19-block area on the north side of downtown has been growing into an arts district for the past 25 years. Among the main attractions worth checking out here are The Dallas Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center and Dallas Center for the Performing Arts.

Dallas vacation packages are available right now from the major travel companies, making a trip more affordable than you may think.

Courtesy of ARAcontent