Aggie Football: On to the Next

The N.C. A&T Aggies (2-2) will host the Bethune-Cookman

Wildcats (2-2) in their third home game of the season this

Saturday, Oct.8.

The N.C. A&T Aggies (2-2) will host the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (2-2) in their third home game of the season this Saturday, Oct.8.

The Wildcats will be limping into Aggie Stadium from a 45-14 loss to the Miami Hurricanes.

A&T quarterback Lewis Kindle and the rest of the Aggie offense will face the No. 2 defense in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.

With running back Mike Mayhew, recently selected as the MEAC offensive player of the week, the Aggies will try to continue to keep his running game up after coming off as well as attempt to get wide receiver, Wallace Miles, will try to get back in his groove after going the entire Morgan State game with no receptions.

While the offense will try to work through the defense of the Wildcat The Aggie defense, led by defensive back Justin Ferrell and linebacker D’Vonte Grant, will in turn attempt to stop the No. 1 offense in the MEAC. What could be beneficial to the Aggies is the absence of Bethune-Cookman’s primary quarterback, Jamarr Robinson. Robinson, a University of Maryland transfer, has been out after sustaining a leg injury in a controversial 35-31 win against Hampton two weeks ago. He did not play in last Saturday’s game versus the Hurricanes.

The Aggies have lost to the Wildcats in their last seven meetings, including last season’s 67-17 loss.

Both teams currently have a 1-0 in the conference and are looking to give each other a first conference loss.

If A&T defeats Bethune-Cookman, it will be the first time in seven years that the Aggies come out on top, and it would be A&T’s .

Kickoff is at 1:30 p.m.

[email protected] and follow her on Twitter @KayRob_

• Karmen Robinson, Sports Editor