Album Review

Musiq SoulchildLuvanmusiq

Philadelphia-born Musiq Soulchild began in the year 2000 with his debut album Aijuswanaseing and has yet to stop making those soulful sounds that R&B music fans love.

His new album Luvanmusiq was released on March 13, 2007 and can be described simply as excellent.

His soulful sounds allow you to press play and let the entire CD just flow without having to skip over any song. Luvanmusiq is complete with hit songs “B.U.D.D.Y.”, and “Millionaire” to make your body rock.

There are also songs such as “Lullaby” and “Today” that will soothe your mind and help you to unwind after a stressful day. If you are a dedicated Musiq fan this album will not disappoint you as usual he will “Take you there”.

Anthony HamiltonSouthern Comfort

Charlotte native Anthony Hamilton is known for his soulful skills and has many fans for the other three albums he has released thus far such as, “Comin’ from Where I’m From” and “Ain’t Nobody Worryin.”

He has the respect of many fans for his preceding success. However, his latest released album, which is to be released April 3, 2007, was supposed to deliver “Southern Comfort” only achieved at providing a Southern disappointment from the lack of Hamilton’s usual magic touch over the track.

On this album songs such as “They Don’t know” and “Trouble” help to rate this album with only two stars on a five star scale, because it does not remind fans of the Anthony Hamilton we know and love. Songs like “Sailin’ Away” slightly reflect the previous Hamilton hits, yet this song stands alone and does not help to make this a winner.

• Tiandrea Norrington