Beyoncé becomes Sasha Fierce

Beyoncé does it again with her new two-disc CD entitled “I am… Sasha Fierce.”

This album embodies both Beyoncé and her alter ego Sasha Fierce. The triple threat has been working on her new album for about a year, which is longer than her last CD “B’Day,” but still has hard hitting hits like her two singles “Single ladies” and “If I Were a Boy.” Showing and proving to everyone that with this he say/she say tabloid-filled world, she will remain consistent and true to herself and her fans.

Beyoncé calls this one of her most confessional records. From the very sensual and vulnerable Beyoncé side of it to the aggressive and fierce other side known as Sasha. It seems like she puts out all the sides of herself for her fans.

Right from the beginning you can see the dueling personalities. Beyoncé starts off with lyrics like “but your just a boy, you don’t understand and you don’t understand how it feels to love a girl, someday you wish you were a better man” and then switches completely to lyrics like “Been the number one diva in this game for a minute, I know you read the paper the one that they call queen, every radio round the world know me cause that’s where I be.” One side she produces beautiful love songs like “Disappear,” and “Ave Marie,” and at the same time, pausing and letting people know that she’s here to stay by introducing high powered, clap your hands and bounce songs like “Radio” and “Video Phone.”

This album does come with a warning on it; “Must Love Beyoncé.” That means all sides of her. You’re either someone that’s going to love all of it, love half of it or love none at all.

• Shanice Jarmon