Undefeated Aggies

The NC&T Aggies (12-14, 6-0) swept Florida A&M (6-16, 0-6) this past weekend to remain undefeated in the MEAC.

The Aggies outscored the Rattlers 51-15 in three wins at War Memorial Stadium.

The biggest win was a 25-7 blowout on Saturday.

The Aggies offense got going with two outs in the second inning and the score tied at one.Second baseman James Howard drove in Mark Nales with a double into left center field.

The next batter, George Hines was walked.This set the stage for freshman Dario Little to hit his third homerun of the season, giving the Aggies a 5-1 lead.

The Aggies would carry that momentum into the third inning.

Freshman Alex Grubb knocked a two-run homerun into center field.

The Aggies were up 9-1 after just three innings.

Aggies starting pitcher Brent Moore (2-2) was pulled after a strong six innings, with the score at 17-2.

Moore surrendered just 5 hits, 2 walks and 2 earned runs.

The Aggies offense scored eight more runs in the bottom of the eighth inning and finished the game with 23 hits.

The two games that were played on Friday both had a final score of 13-4.

The Aggies hit five homers in total.

In the first game, sophomore Esterlin Paulino (3-1) didn’t give up an earned run and had eight strikeouts in eight innings pitched.

Nick Rogers got the win in the second game.

MEAC opponents are hitting just .260 with only one homerun against the Aggies so far this year.

The Aggies have a .369 batting percentage against conference pitchers this year and hit 5 homeruns on Friday alone. 

Rogers was named one of the top MEAC performers of last week with 11 strikeouts in 9 innings in a win over Norfolk State.

Marquis Riley was recognized as well for hitting .533 with a home run, two RBI and three runs last week.

The Aggies go on the road to take on Bethune-Cookman this weekend in a twogame series.

The Aggies will travel to Daytona Beach, Fla. to take on Bethune-Cookman this weekend.

The series will kickoff Saturday at 2 p.m. 

• Prince Askew