Family budgets stay on track with new and convenient coupon sources

(ARA) – If smart savings and cost-cutting measures helped keep the family on budget throughout the recession, continuing on the same track through the recovery could help one get ahead in the long run. For better or for worse – more likely for better – Americans are embracing the concept of living within their means.

Collecting coupons remains one of the best ways for families to save on everyday expenses – from cleaning supplies and health and beauty items to food and paper products. Coupons are found in some new and innovative sources as well as from those that are tried-and-true. Here are some ideas for finding and using great coupon savings:

* The promise of a prize inside product packaging – in the form of a coupon – is already available. Now, what if it was not for the same product, but instead it was a coupon with big savings for another favorite brand that you already know, love and use regularly? Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) has begun inserting multiple brands’ coupons inside specially marked products. Now through September, brands like Luvs, Olay, Pringles, PUR, Tampax and Tide will offer coupons for savings on other P&G products. Values combined typically range from $5 to $55 in savings. You can learn more and find additional coupon deals at www.pgeverdaysolutions.com/inpackcoupons.

* It may pay to clip or save a coupon even if it’s for an item you don’t use. You can exchange the high-value coupon you don’t want for another that you can use if you get involved in coupon swapping with friends and family. There are many ways to start a coupon exchange in your area – get family members involved, cooperate with neighbors, or simply encourage your kids’ daycare center to set up an exchange box by the front door where moms can drop off coupons they don’t need in exchange for ones they can use.

* Searching online is a good way to find samples and coupons, but don’t overlook more tried-and-true coupon sources like newspapers and magazines. Before coupons went virtual, you had to clip and keep paper versions, and many of those sources are still offering great coupon deals. You can also find paper coupons on special product displays in stores, on cash register receipts and even through in-store sample giveaways.

* Finally, it’s important to get organized; knowing what coupons you have and when each expires will help you to use them before they become out of date or alert you when a particularly great sale will make them even more valuable. Coupon organizers are found in stores, but you don’t have to go fancy; you can create your own simple envelope system, arranged by date or product type just as well.

To learn more about coupons, savings and deals, visit the P&G website at www.pgeverydaysolutions.com.