Traveling? Tips for taking your tunes along

(ARA) – Warm weather is upon us and for many families that means exciting vacations are right around the corner. It’s time to start thinking about what to pack, as well as entertaining on-the-go activities that the whole family can enjoy.

No matter where your travels take you, music is never far behind. The Memorex Signature Audio Series offers great portable music options, perfect for warm weather vacations. Music is an important component to creating more “WeTime”- activities that promote family togetherness.

“Our research has shown that music is an integral part of quality family time, it is something that can be enjoyed by all members of the family,” said Erica Danielski, Memorex global brand manager. “As people gear up to travel, the Memorex PurePlay Portable Speaker offers families a great iPod and iPhone compatible listening device that can be enjoyed inside, outdoors or even while in the car.”

As your family prepares for its next vacation, keep these helpful tips in mind:

Prep your playlist. Before you leave for vacation, make sure to update your playlist to include new music and tunes the whole family will enjoy. Encourage your children to pick their favorite songs and merge your playlists together.

Protect valuable electronics. Valuable electronics are often lost, damaged or stolen during vacations. Safeguard your favorite gadgets by thinking before you pack. Use passwords when available, never pack your valuable items in your checked luggage (as most airlines will not compensate you for lost or stolen electronics), and never leave bags unattended.

Pack a portable speaker system. Music encourages WeTime … as long as you’re listening to tunes as a family, and not with separate earbuds and iPods. Be sure to pack a speaker system that the entire family can enjoy, such as the Memorex PurePlay Portable Speaker. This compact speaker system is battery operated and designed to fold up to easily fit in your purse or bag – perfect for the family on-the-go. What’s more, the PurePlay has a rubberized bottom, designed to keep your music safe from water, sand and dirt – a perfect addition for a day by the pool or beach.

The complete Memorex Signature Audio Series is available for purchase at Amazon.com, Best Buy and Fry’s. For more information, visit the Memorex Fan Page on Facebook or Memorex.com.