How to celebrate the women in your life by choosing the right jewelry

(ARA) – When it comes to giving a meaningful gift to the important women in your life, few gifts say more than jewelry. The right piece of jewelry will complement her personality or even remind her of the special moments you’ve shared.

Jewelry has always been a popular gift for women, but that’s even truer this year. The number of women who say jewelry is on their wish lists has increased 13 percent from last year, according to the National Retail Federation’s annual holiday survey.

Personalizing jewelry can be a challenge, but with a little thought it’s easy to select something as special as her. For those having trouble getting started, Pandora jewelry has been celebrating women for nearly 30 years, and offers a few tips for finding the perfect gift. The key is to think of the emotions, memories and moments that define the person you will be buying for:

Wife or girlfriend: Buying for a wife or girlfriend seems like it should be easy, because you know her better than anyone. But that can also add to the pressure of finding something she likes and that is as unique as your relationship. Do some observing and figure out what colors she likes and whether she prefers silver, gold or a combination of the two. By coyly doing the research rather than asking her, she’ll be impressed when you deliver a gift that matches her individual style.

For Mom: Since a mother will love any gift that comes from her child, it doesn’t hurt to ask her subtly if there’s been anything in particular she’s been wanting. You can never go wrong with a set of earrings or a nice bracelet to complement her favorite outfit.

For a friend: Think about a special moment you have recently shared with your friend or a big accomplishment in her life, such as a new job or completing a marathon. Find a unique piece of jewelry that relates to that moment and she’s sure to appreciate the gift.

High-quality, hand-finished charm bracelets also work well for any special woman in your life, because they offer particularly unique opportunities to personalize. For example, Pandora offers 800 hand-finished charms of varying sizes, shapes and colors so the options when designing a charm bracelet for your loved one are practically limitless.

Charm bracelets also make a great gift because you can continue to build on them as the years go by. The affordable luxury nature of charm bracelets allow the gift giver to find momentous and even everyday reasons to celebrate life’s unforgettable moments.

When searching for that special piece of jewelry for your loved one, just remember that she’s bound to like whatever you get her if there’s a story behind it. The charm of jewelry is that it reminds the wearer of the person who bought it for her and the special moments they have shared.