Nothing is the Same for Drake’s New Album

Started from the bottom and now rapper Drake is back at the top of the charts. The Cash Money superstar recently dropped his third studio album “Nothing was the Same.” Drake’s sophomore album “Take Care” definitely broadened the perspective of hip-hop audience. The album takes listeners on a roller coaster with sensitive beats, and tough verses. The album did well in the first week selling 631,000 copies.

The Canada native, decided to lighten the mood on “Nothing was the Same.” The rapper focused on grabbing the audience with soulful beats, and heartfelt verses. Not to mention the album cover. Using animation to grab hip-hop audiences, the cover has a modern day picture of the rapper, and a picture of infant Drake.

Drake beings the album with an attention grabber in “Tuscan Leather.” A chopped and screwed Whitney Houston sample keep listener’s attention. Of course, the rapper makes a reference about his crush, Nicki Minaj. “Not even talking to Nicki, communication is breaking, I dropped the ball on some personal ish, I need to embrace it.”

“Started from the Bottom,” the anthem for going through hard times only to lead to success provides hope for all. The single provides optimism, and faith for those who need it. The song will have fans wanting to parade around, throwing dollar bills in the air.

The Canada standout, decided to give a tribute to the legendary Hip-Hop Group, Wu-Tang Clan. The song “Wu Tang Forever” adopts a slow beat to tribute to the famous Clan. It looks to touch the souls of those who are listening. The song describes the rappers past experiences with strippers, and past lovers. He also gives tribute to those who have experienced a one-night stand.

One of the songs of the summer “Hold on We’re Going Home” sparked major attention. The song reminded us of the rapper’s ability to show off his vocals whenever he wants. The beats and vocals made for a unique hit. “The Language” a song in which had a Migos’ flow to it. A failed attempt to combine a Southern flow, with a Mid-South beat.

The late addition of Cash Money Veteran Birdman questions if the rapper really wanted the CEO/rapper at the end of a song. That was not successful from the start.

Drake finally leaves his fans with a one of a kind with “All Me.” The song features two heavyweights in Hip-Hop, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz. A dynamic addition to the single. The song leaves the audience with a hip-hop anthem.  The official album dropped September 24, 2013.

— Email Dominique at  [email protected]  and follow The A&T Register @TheATRegister

• Dominique moody Contributor