Financial Aid Update

Did you know…

•It is recommended that you check your NC A&T email account (iNotes or Gmail) and Aggie Access on regular basis to ensure you remain informed regarding your financial aid awards and other pertinent information. These are the methods of communications that various offices use to disseminate information to you.

•Schools are no longer allowed to accept hard copies of Federal Tax returns. Students selected for Verification must submit a Tax Transcript (Form 4506 T-EZ or 4506-T). You must request a Tax Transcript from the Internal Revenue Service; receipt takes 4-6 weeks.

•Common Reasons for an award to be adjusted include:

–change in residency status: an out-of-state student is reclassified as an in-state student

–changes in enrollment level: student awarded as sophomore, but is actually a freshman

–changes in family income: income changes after Verification of tax documents, etc

–additional aid is received: student receives an outside scholarship

•Withdrawals

Financial aid will be reduced for students who withdraw from the University prior to completing 60% of the semester and may incur a balance due to University.

Example: Student A withdraws from the Fall semester on September 28, the semester began on August 16th and ends on December 10th. There are 119 days in the semester. The student attended 44 days in the semester. 44 days/119=37%. A return of Title IV calculation must be completed.

Example: Student B was enrolled in 4 classes for a total of 12 credit hours. The student attended 3 of the classes, but did not attend the fourth class. The student’s financial aid will be adjusted to reflect aid based on 9 credit hours. Funds may be returned to the U.S. Department of Education and the student may owe a balance due to the University.

•If the student leaves the University without official notification, the University may establish a withdrawal date by using the midpoint of the semester or using the student’s last date of attendance as documented by the student’s professors.

•Financial aid will be reduced for students who never attend a class or if you receive all F’s for a semester.

•If you have questions concerning this information, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 336-334-7973 or [email protected].

• Sheila Benton,Office of Student Financial Aid