The Real World: Couture Word

This past Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in Exhibit Hall, after only two weeks of organizing and preparation, several A&T students gathered on stage to perform a concept show that was identical to that of BET’s College Hill and MTV’s Real World. 

Two of the main male two poets/performers/actors were Jason Cameron, a junior at A&T and Brian Fingers both Liberal Studies majors.

“For the amount of time that we had to prepare for the program, it turned out to be extremely well and the crowd response was very well also.  I didn’t consider them to be dry.” stated Jason Cameron.

What made the program so successful was soulful music from the ‘90s era that kept the crowd rocking to ever beat and had audience members on the edge of there seats singing almost every word. 

“I thought the crowd really enjoyed the program as a whole and I always have fun performing.  If I get a good crowd response then that is all that matters to me in the end” said Fingers. 

What also made the performance so special was creative props that they set up on the stage and the way they used them to enhance the on stage performances that took place in front of pleased crowd. 

The students who performed delivered a message that everybody enjoyed and it reached everyone emotionally, so much that people from the audience were able to come up and give poems and express themselves.

One student, Averi Jackson a sports science major commented on the performance by saying “She loved the play and how the artists used their talents to give a message to the crowd”. 

Other students felt extremely well about the program and overall it was a well sought out program for those students who are into reality television shows such as BET’s College Hill and MTV’s Real World.

You could tell that the performers were having a good time on stage and the performances were flowing smoothly with each other.

• Mandeville Berry III