Online education: the right choice for veterans

In today’s competitive industries, a college education is crucial to success. Faced with challenging schedules and impending deployment, many military personnel are turning to online universities to pursue their degrees.

Whether they are seeking to advance their military training or explore new career opportunities, the accessibility of an online degree program makes higher education simple for active service members and veterans. Here are some things to consider if you’re thinking about supplementing your military career with online education.

Specialization

Military education programs are designed to assist military personnel with the advancement of their goals, both inside and outside the service. Deployment doesn’t have to be an interruption. Many online schools offer military credit and exclusive military-only registration to ensure that service students’ needs are met.

Quality

Online colleges offer the excellence of top-notch programs to students all around the world. Plus, working at your own pace and on your own time can increase the quality and satisfaction of your educational journey.

Affordability

Recent changes to the Post 9/11 GI bill make college more affordable for active service students and veterans, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. The new bill offers 100 percent paid military scholarships for anyone who has served at least 90 consecutive days in the armed forces since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. Many online colleges also offer additional military financial aid for service members and their families.

Most online courses are designed to feel similar to classroom instruction, with instructors, textbooks and regular assignments. Message boards and chat rooms allow students to interact with one another, just as they would in a traditional class. Like a traditional education, success in an online course depends on commitment and self-motivation.

Information in this article was provided by Colorado Technical University. Contact CTU today if you’re interested in developing marketable knowledge and career-relevant skills with an industry-current degree program. (CTU does not guarantee employment or salary.)