Livewire hosts Speed Dating

The Aggie Livewire hosted the first annual speed dating on Jan. 21 in Exhibit Hall. Kiet Blake-Thompson, Indigo Smith and Angelique Marshall who are members of Aggie Livewire guided potential daters in what to do in meeting new people.

Some of the rules consisted of having good eye contact and consider saying yes to at least one person at the event that you would have normally rejected.

The acquaintance lasted one minute between each of the daters. When the time is up the males would move to a new table to meet a new person and that would be the same for females for the next round.

In interviewing some of the daters most of them seemed to be excited to meet new people and enjoy being around people. “I came to speed date because it looks fun on television and I want to try it out,” said Kadija Gittens, a freshman civil engineering major from Charlotte.

Speed dating is a good way to meet new people especially if you are trying to find your mate. Its good because you will expand you’re thinking by not judging a book by its cover when meeting new people.

Adrian Williams, a sophomore mechanical engineering major from Maryland said, “It’s cool to come out and have fun with new people and laugh about awkward silence between some daters.”

Some of daters realize that it’s not always about physical characteristics in a person but personality.

Aggie Livewire encouraged everyone to come out to the next speed dating session to experience being open to talk about new things and meet some good people on campus, because you never know who might become your lover and, or friend.

• Jared Godley