Don’t believe them, just watch: Top hip-hop artist to blow up in 2013

Every year a new rapping sensation captivates the game. Drake did so in 2009, Wiz Khalifa in 2010, Kendrick Lamar in 2011 and 2 Chainz and Trinidad James came up in 2012.

With 2013 looking to be another great year for Hip-Hop, here are 10 rappers who need to be on radars before they blow up.

First up is West Coast Casey Veggies (@caseyveggies).

Formerly a part of the Odd Future crew, he branched out in 2007 and has been on his grind releasing a slew of mixtapes, which got him signed to Jay-Z’s Roc Nation in June of 2012.

His latest free album, “Life Changes,” dropped Jan. 22 and has already been critically acclaimed.

With touring and the momentum of his free album, expect to hear more from young Veggies.

Next up is Chi Town’s latest MMG recruit, Rockie Fresh (@rockiefresh).

Although he is the latest addition to the Maybach Empire, Rockie Fresh has been on his grind for a couple of years and has been on people’s radar since his mixtape “The Otherside.”

Influences ranging from alternative rock music to futuristic melodies make Rockie different from other artists.

His latest mixtape, “Electric Highway,” dropped Jan. 21 and has already been considered a success.

With the buzz he has gained, it is only a matter of time before his style captivates the masses.

Certain artists have a song for every mood, and Gerald Walker (@Gerald_Walker) is one of them.

The Milwaukee rapper has teamed up with Taylor Gang producers Cardo & Slegdren, who have been behind some of Wiz Khalifa’s biggest hits.

His bluntly honest style and smooth melodic flow are perfect for relaxation.

With Walker entertaining deals and working on his new untitled mixtape, do not be surprised if he makes a splash in 2013.

Aside from Nicki Minaj, female rappers have been dormant in the last 15-20 years.

However, newcomer Rapsody (@Rapsodymusic) has arrived to put female rappers back on the map.

The 252 native on the label of Grammy award winning 9th Wonder has a vibe reminiscent MC Lyte and Queen Latifah.

From working with artist like Kendrick Lamar, Mac Miller, and Big K.R.I.T., to dropping her debut album “The Idea of Beautiful,” the buzz on Rapsody is growing.

As she makes plans for new album in 2013, this may be the first of many times listeners hear Rapsody’s name this year.

People who enjoy having music like Wiz Khalifa or Mac Miller to chill to should check out Florida rapper Niko Is (@nikohigh).

Originally from Rio de Janeiro, his soothing flow takes listeners to a place of relief and serenity.

His latest mixtape “Chill Cosby” dropped in 2012. Expect him to drop some more fire in 2013.

If in search of uplifting music, look no farther than New Orleans rapper Dee-1 (@Dee1music).

The former school teacher turned rapper has been on his grind working with artists such as Mannie Fresh, Murs, Juvenile and Yasiin Bey, formerly known as Mos Def.

His lyrics give people the motivation to do something better with their lives.

His latest mixtape “The Focus Tape” is an example of the impactful message behind his music.

Between working on his debut album “Mission Vision” and labels calling left and right, the name Dee-1 should mean something to listeners by the year’s end.

Now Maejor Ali (@maejorali), formerly known as Bei Maejor, can do everything from rapping and singing to directing and producing his own videos.

He has worked with numerous mainstream artists including Justin Bieber , Juicy J, Trey Songz, Frank Ocean and more.

Ali’s creative style and music set him apart from other artists. Look out for his mixtape set to drop Feb. 3.

Kilo Kish’s (@kilokish) style can takeover music and be a leading force for women.  

The Brooklyn native’s bets contain a certain flare that has her channeling a female Kid Cudi.

With touring and preparing for her new mixtape titled “k+,” expect Kilo to make some noise in 2013.

There have not been many rap groups to come out in the last couple of years that made some noise, but this may change because of OXYxMoron (@OXYxMORON).

The group consisting of three rappers, Tony London, Ment Nelson and Pedro English, coming out of South Carolina.

Their style reminds listeners of the OutKast, Goodie Mob style with some Big K.R.I.T. as well.

Their latest mixtape “The Woods” has been critically acclaimed. The way OXYxMoron is based on, do not be surprised if by the end of 2013, you hear people playing music all over.

With the rappers we have compiled, one of them will enter the realm of mainstream success by the end of 2013.

-Email The Register at [email protected] and follow on Twitter @TheATRegister

• Jerrell Leeper, Contributor