Something for everyone: Why gift baskets are better than ever

Do the words “gift basket” conjure visions of fruit, cookies or cheese? Sure, those are traditional gift basket items, and who doesn’t love them? But today, gift baskets go way beyond a handful of items. It’s now possible to have food baskets delivered that fit every taste, from the wine connoisseur on your list to those who savor gourmet cuts of meat.

While you probably won’t send mouth-watering filet mignon to all your family members, it won’t be because you can’t afford it. You can send gift baskets with tender and succulent cuts of meat from some of the finest suppliers, like Omaha Steaks, for less money and time than you think.

And let’s talk about convenience. Shopping online allows you to send gifts nationwide in very little time, from the comfort of your own home (or desk, if you’re like many Americans who do their shopping online during a lunch hour).

Food baskets delivered … the variety is incredible

Once upon a time, you could send a Hickory Farms meat and cheese gift basket. The American public loved it – what convenience and novelty. It didn’t take long for other retailers to realize – this was a hot idea.

Enter Harry and David with their premium fruit baskets with complementary nuts and trail mixes. The baskets were another huge success and suddenly families across the country were getting unique gifts for birthdays, anniversaries and of course, Christmas.

Of course, if you have gourmets on your list, Omaha Steaks is the nation’s largest purveyor of gourmet steaks. But what few people realize is that you can also order gourmet poultry, seafood, pork, appetizers and decadent desserts.

Fast forward a few years, and you find a huge variety of gourmet coffee baskets online – a great gift for the coffee lover on your list. Perhaps a coffee of the month plan would surprise those special people on your list.

Wine Country Gift Baskets has made it easy to send fine wines and beautiful accompaniments, if you have a wine connoisseur on your list. Options for gift basket giving have exploded far beyond where they first began – giving you something to please everyone.

Incredible edibles are perfect for the work place too

Online shopping for friends and family members is common, but how about employers and employees? A food basket can be a perfect gift for Bosses’ Day, Administrative Professionals’ Day or for employee incentives.

When was the last time you heard your employees raving about what they got for their third, fifth or 10th service anniversary? Logoed items are great as giveaways, but service anniversaries should be special. Break the mold by giving them something you know they’ll enjoy – like the opportunity to select from an array of food baskets that can be delivered right to their desk, or door.

One thing’s for sure, if you let your employees choose from tender filet mignon, lobster tails, or t-bones paired with a side dish and dessert, you can ensure they won’t be complaining about you over dinner.

So put down your car keys, grab your mouse and stay in to get your gift giving done this year. With the plethora of gift baskets available today, you’re sure to be able to find something for everyone and every occasion.