Welcome Aggies, From Chancellor Martin

Dear Students:I wish to extend an enthusiastic welcome to all of our new and returning students to the campus of North Carolina A&T State University.

What an exciting time to be a student on our campus!  Since becoming the twelfth chancellor of this wonderful institution, my wife Davida and I have been overwhelmed by the warm reception we have received.  We are excited about the opportunity to return home to North Carolina A&T and the Greensboro Community. 

As alumni of the institution, we realize how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to serve our beloved alma mater – one of America’s premier institutions of higher education.

North Carolina A&T State University is a public, land-grant institution that is committed to fulfilling its fundamental purposes through exemplary undergraduate and graduate instruction, scholarly and creative research, and effective public service. 

As students on this historic campus, you have a wonderful opportunity to gain access to a remarkable education that is supported by outstanding faculty and staff.

As you return to the University for the Fall 2009 semester, I encourage you to commit yourselves to taking full advantage of the exceptional educational experiences afforded you as students on this campus. 

Such experiences are characterized by exciting discussions and debates within the classrooms and laboratories and social and leadership development activities outside the classrooms. 

I encourage you to engage in activities that will have a long term impact on your personal and professional growth and development, such as travel abroad experiences, an internship experience, student leadership, volunteering to help someone in need, etc.

May this be a successful and rewarding academic year for each of you. 

Again, welcome.

Sincerely,Harold L. Martin, Sr.Chancellor

Harold L. Martin, Sr. was elected Chancellor of North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University on Friday, May 21, 2009.He is the first Alumnus of the institution to take the roll of Chancellor. Previously he served as the UNC System Vice President, the second highest ranking official.He has also been the Dean of the College of Engineering at A&T, and a professor in the same department. His office is on the fourth floor of Dowdy.

• Harold L. Martin Sr.