Five popular warm weather family vacation destinations

Is it time to plan your next family vacation? Warm weather vacations are perfect for families because they provide a comfortable climate and plenty of opportunity for fun activities. Here are five popular family vacation destinations:

1. San Diego

San Diego vacations are perfect for families with children of all ages. The city is known for its mild, sunny weather all year long, so you’ll be able to explore popular outdoor areas without a lot of worry about weather. Enjoy the bay and the easy-going attitude of this city. Families are sure to love the 1,200-acre Balboa Park where they’ll find beautiful gardens, museums and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. Visit old town for a historic look at San Diego and take a free tour of the area.

2. Costa Rica

If you’re looking for a family trip with an exotic flair, look no further than Costa Rica vacations. The summer season in Costa Rica is from approximately December to April and is the best time to visit since you’ll likely avoid heavy rain. The biggest attraction of Costa Rica is the rich flora and fauna. The diversity of plants and animals is truly astonishing. Go zip lining with the kids over the jungle’s canopy, or take a guided hike through the lush forest to see creatures you may not see anywhere else in the world.

3. Cruises

One option that more and more families are considering is taking a cruise. Cruise lines offer a great value, including a variety of food options included in the price, as well as on-board activities for the entire family. Really want a family-focused cruise? Consider a Disney cruise or a themed cruise. Many of the big ships from lines like Carnival and Norwegian have multiple pools, water parks, a sports complex, a skating rink and more. You’ll never run out of family fun on a cruise ship, plus they cruise all over the world so you get to visit some amazing places.

4. Orlando, Fla.

When most people think of Orlando for a family trip, they think of Disney World. Of course you won’t want to miss out on Mickey Mouse and all his friends, but Orlando offers other attractions as well. Universal Studios is fun for kids of all ages. We muggles will scream with delight at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and there is a special Dr. Seuss area for tots. Don’t forget SeaWorld and learn about our amazing oceans and view marine life up close. Or simply spend a day at your resort’s pool enjoying the beautiful Florida weather.

5. Honolulu

The area of Honolulu on the island of Oahu is a perfect Hawaiian destination for families. Once a retreat for Hawaiian royals, Waikiki is the most popular neighborhood in the area. Visit world-famous Waikiki beach and take a surfing lesson. Hike to nearby Diamond Head for a breathtaking view of the city. The whole family can enjoy attractions like the Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium.