Couture promotes spreading the ‘love’

Couture Word presented their first annual “Word-N-Love” night.

On Thursday, Feb. 11 at 8 p.m. in Stalling Ballroom in the Student Union.  

The night was billed to a way to get Valentine’s Day started early.

It was an evening of music and poetry.  Many Aggies came out for the event.

All the tables that were available were filled and people sat in chairs around the room.

Dim lighting and beautifully round table decorations created and atmosphere for couples and friends to enjoy.

“When I walked into the room, I didn’t know what to expect. When I saw the decorations and how nice everything was put together, I knew that they put a lot of work into it,” said sophomore Tisa Smith.

The night began with a live band, with musical selections by members of Couture Word.

The song “Need You Baby” by Lauryn Hill really got the crowd started.  

Following that, the hosts of the night presented other members that performed songs and poems for the crowd to enjoy.

Lee Brown was the first to perform and the crowd went crazy for his rendition of the song “Back at One” by Brian McKnight.

“I really enjoyed the musical selections and poems. It really added a great mood for the night,” said freshman Ronald Dent.

Guests were also able to purchase gift bags, roses, and chocolate roses to add to the night. There were also light refreshment’s served.

The evening ended at 10 p.m., and to many of the guests, this was a night they would never forget.

“This was a great way to start off the Valentine’s Day weekend. Myself and my boyfriend really had a great time. I hope that Couture Word does this next year because I will definitely come,” LeShay Jones said.

• Makailah Fennell