Fantasia is back with ‘Back to Me’

Fantasia is making a definite comeback with her album ‘Back to Me.’

This album will remind you of her days on the third season of American Idol.

The first official single “Bittersweet”  is climbing up the Billboard R&B charts, but that is not the only song worth listening to on this album.

The album is full of ballads such as “Trust Him” and “Falling in Love”. Remember Fantasia’s performance of “Summertime” from Idol? “Teach Me” is right up there. Fantasia is known for her lyrics relating to issues that young women deal with in their lives.

At times, she has been ridiculed for being “ghetto” with songs such as “Baby Mama” from her first album.

That song however, became an anthem for young mothers all over the country. Keeping with her southern roots, “Corn Bread Collard Greens” is very catchy and upbeat.

It’s one of those songs that will definitely get stuck in your head.   

“I’m Doin’ Me” and “Move on Me” are definitely uplifting songs that you can listen to when you are going through different situations. The album also features a song Fantasia performed during her run on the musical “The Color Purple,” called “I’m Here”.

This song is so powerful that it brought tears to my eyes. The lyrics to this song are very inspirational and Fantasia’s powerful voice brought the song to life.

Regardless of the personal struggles that Fantasia has been going through these past couple of weeks, this album has shown that Fantasia is without a doubt a force in the music industry.

The overall album was very good, but there were one or two songs I did not enjoy as much as the others.

I would recommend this album to anyone who enjoys R&B music. Fantasia has gift for music and what she has overcome should inspire women all around the world.

• Sejal Chappell