Top five reasons to choose an online education

Returning to school requires a lot of decision making. Choosing a degree to pursue, lining up finances and picking a university that will give you the proper training and knowledge you’ll need to turn that degree into a career can make those decisions very difficult.

Many educational opportunities can provide you with degree options. But you may want to investigate if an online university is the best option for you. Here are the top five reasons to choose an online education:

1. You can schedule your schooling for when you have time to handle the work. If you have a full time job – or responsibilities that don’t allow you to participate in an educational setting during regular working hours – signing up for online education through an accredited online university like American InterContinental University will allow you to schedule your classes, homework and projects for when you have the time to dedicate to your schooling.

2. Learn in the comfort of your own home – or favorite coffee shop, library, outside in the park under a tree, etc. If you’re enrolled in an online marketing degree or other program, you never have to get out of your pajamas to log in and participate in the day or week’s lesson. This is especially important for students who don’t learn easily in traditional classroom settings.

3. Finances are tight, and if you are able to live at home while earning a degree from a university that might not have a brick and mortar building in your hometown, pursuing an online education can certainly help you save money. In addition to saving on room and board, you also won’t have to pay for transportation.

4. In addition to the knowledge you’ll be learning for your specific degree, you’ll also gain self-management skills you can highlight in any job reviews or interviews. These skills range from organizational and time management to working with complete strangers and using social media or other Internet-based technology. If you’re pursing an online project management degree, just think of how these skills can benefit your future.

5. Get the degree when you want to get the degree. Because you’re not limited to a classroom setting, many online programs allow you to take as many – or as few – classes as you want, and start taking them when you’re ready. So if it’s the middle of summer, you don’t necessarily have to wait until September to start your degree. This can allow you to earn your degree in a shorter period or time – or spread your learning out to fit your schedule.

Information in this article was provided by American InterContinental University. Contact AIU today if you’re interested in developing marketable knowledge and career-relevant skills with an industry-current degree program. (AIU cannot guarantee employment or salary.) American InterContinental University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.